How to Stream Netflix on Discord
Many people are switching over to the Discord app because of its amazing features, but a downside for these users is that they cannot watch Netflix with their friends. For them, we have written a guide on how to stream Netflix via their Discord account via PC or by using a streaming device.
Stream Netflix on Discord via PC or Streaming Device
Netflix is a great way to pass the time and watch some good TV shows and movies. However, if you want to stream Netflix on Discord, you’ll need to get some extra gear. Here’s how to do it!
- In your computer’s browser, go to the Netflix homepage.
- Log in to your Netflix account with Google Chrome and connect it to a Discord server.
- On the bottom left side of the page, select the “Settings” tab. Tap on “Game Activity”.
- Click on “Add it” and you can watch live streaming in any tab of Google Chrome.
- Here for now you have to select Netflix and click on “Add Game”.
- After leaving the “Settings” section, go to the screen-shaped icon that’s in the bottom-left section of the screen.
- A “Screen Share” pop-up will be shown, in this pop-up select Google Chrome.
- Change the streaming settings according to your needs and click “Go Live”.
via Streaming Device
To start streaming Netflix on your computer:
- On your streaming device, sign in to your Netflix account.
- On your computer, open the Netflix website.
- In the top left corner of the website, click the three lines in the blue box that say “Open in new tab.”
- Click the “Open in new tab” link in the pop-up window that appears.
- In the new tab, click “Video” and then click “Streaming from devices.”
- Under “Web browser,” select “Chromecast” or “AirPlay.”
- Under “Devices,” select your streaming device from the list and click “Cast.”
- If prompted, enter your Netflix login information and hit play on your streaming device.
Tips for Streaming Netflix on Discord
If you love streaming Netflix on your Discord server, but find yourself struggling to keep up with the ever-growing queue, here are a few tips to help you out.
Use a VPN When Streaming Netflix on Discord
A VPN will help encrypt your traffic and make it harder for Netflix to track your whereabouts. This is especially helpful if you live in a country where the streaming service is blocked. Try IPVanish for a great deal on VPNs.
Use a Discord Bot to Stream TV Shows and Movies
Not only is using a bot easy, but they can also do things like to add commentary during shows or recommend new content for you to watch. There are plenty of options available, so try out one of these bots and see how you like it!
Change Your DNS Settings When Streaming TV Shows and Movies on Discord
If you’re using a VPN, your ISP (the company that provides your internet service) can still block certain content. To work around this, change your DNS settings on your computer so that you’re referring to Netflix’s US servers instead of your local ones. This will dodge Netflix into thinking you’re located in the US, and you’ll be able to watch whatever shows and movies you want.
Problems with streaming Netflix on Discord
1) Netflix doesn’t work with Discord’s voice channels. Voice channels are a great way to keep your team organized and connected while you’re playing games or chatting away, but they don’t work with Netflix. You can’t watch anything while on a voice channel with Netflix active.
2) Discord doesn’t support HD streams. If you’re looking to stream Netflix in high quality, you’ll need to switch to another service. Netflix offers HD streams only on its own website and mobile apps.
3) Discord can be slow when streaming large files. If you’re planning on streaming a lot of Netflix content, it’s probably going to be slower on Discord than it would be on your main computer. This is because Discord relies on the server to do all the heavy lifting instead of transferring the video directly to each user’s computer.
4) Discord doesn’t have an official way to integrate with Netflix. This means that you won’t be able to use any of the features Netflix offers, including voice recognition or streaming offline.
5) Discord lacks a dedicated app. Netflix and Discord both have desktop applications, but not one that’s designed specifically for watching Netflix on Discord. You’ll need to use a third-party client if you want access to both services.