Last Updated on May 23, 2022
Why do you need to view Slack history? The first reason could be that you need to find the conversation that took place a few weeks ago, or maybe you’re curious about what your team was talking about last month. Whatever be the reason, it’s easy to view Slack history.
Steps View Slack History
Viewing your Slack history is easy and only takes a few steps:
- Logged into your account.
- Click on the channel or user that you want to view history for.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you will see a search bar.
- Click on this search bar and type in the words “history.”
- A drop-down menu will appear with various options for viewing history.
You can also view Slack history by going to the “More options” tab in the left-hand sidebar and selecting “History.” This will bring you to a page that lists all of the recent activity in the channel or user, which you can then browse through at your leisure.
How to Access Slack History on a Mobile Device
With over 12 million daily active users, Slack has become one of the most popular communication tools for businesses and teams. While Slack is primarily used on desktop computers, it can also be accessed on mobile devices. If you need to view your Slack history on a mobile device, there are a few steps you can follow.
First, open the Slack app and select the channel you want to view. Next, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and select “Browse channel history.” You can then scroll through your channel’s history or use the search bar to find specific messages. Keep in mind that you can only view messages that have been synced to your device.
If you’re looking for messages that were posted while you were offline, you’ll need to access them on a desktop computer.
With these steps in mind, you should be able to easily view your Slack history on a mobile device.
How to print out Slack history
If you need to print out your Slack history for reference, follow these steps:
- First, log into your account on the Slack website.
- Click on the name of the channel that you want to print out the history.
- Next, click on the “More” button (it looks like three dots) and select “Export Channel History.”
- Finally, choose whether you want to export the history as a PDF or CSV file.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click “Export” and your file will begin downloading.
- You can then print out the file from your computer.
Although Slack is a great communication tool, it can be difficult to find past messages and conversations. Here, we have outlined three different ways that you can view your Slack history. We hope that this information was helpful and allows you to more easily access past conversations and messages.
Check Also: How to Search WhatsApp Messages by Date